The Wellington Equine team performs extensive pre-purchase exams using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. A thorough, in-depth evaluation is essential for a horse being considered for purchase. Pre-purchase exams are designed to provide an overall picture of the horse’s current health, soundness, fitness and to evaluate existing and potential lameness problems
A standard pre-purchase exam includes:
- Complete physical exam including cardiovascular, respiratory, neurologic, ophthalmic, dermatologic systems.
- Conformation, biomechanical and musculoskeletal evaluation
- Lameness evaluation on hard and soft ground
- Evaluation lunging and under saddle
- X-rays of front feet, hocks, stifles and fetlocks
Additional x-rays, ultrasound examination of certain structures, blood work, and endoscopic exams may also be indicated based on the physical exam. Drug testing is recommended in most cases.
For more details or to schedule a pre-purchase exam, contact us directly by phone or email at 561.793.7844 or firstname.lastname@example.org.